Summer is here and these Watermelon Cupcakes are full of fun colors that are sure to be a hit at your summer BBQ’s! They are a quick, easy and a fun summer dessert that everyone will love!
– 1 box White Cake Mix + box ingredients
– 3/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
– Red and Yellow Food Coloring
– 1 cup of softened Butter
– 3 cups of Powdered Sugar
– 3 tbsp Milk
– 1 tsp Vanilla
– Green Food Coloring
1. Preheat oven and line muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Prepare batter according to box directions.
3. Add just a touch of yellow color and enough red to achieve watermelon pinkish color.
4. Fold in chocolate chips until distributed.
5. Fill liners 2/3 full and bake according to box directions for cupcakes.
6. Allow to cool completely.
7. For the frosting, begin by whipping butter and vanilla for until fluffy.
8. Gradually add powdered sugar.
9. Add milk until you reach desired consistency.
10. Frost each cupcake and sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of each one.